Friday, May 27, 2016

Summer Season Kick-off Audition Intensive

ONE DAY AUDITION INTENSIVE WORKSHOP -- SUNDAY JUNE 19, 2016 -- 12-6pm

The busy season is here. TV shows are in production, feature films are ramping up to shoot, and there are always a lot of opportunities available within the local indie community. Are you ready to go get some of this work? Let's make sure!

I am offering a one day audition intensive, intended to be a working assessment of the attending actors' auditioning abilities. We will tape the actors reading prepared sides, watch and critique those audition videos, then do "call back" auditions with a guest director in attendance. Actors will get the rare opportunity of watching their auditions and assessing their own strengths and weaknesses. The guest director and I will also be giving feedback, as well as pointing out "next steps" that the actor can take away with them, to implement in their future auditions and work.

I will be limiting this workshop to the first ten actors and actresses (age 12+) that purchase through PayPal (button in upper right corner of this page) by Sunday June 5, 2016. I want to make it very affordable, as strengthening the local talent pool is more of a priority than a big profit for myself. I'm offering this half day intensive for only $60. It will take place in a central location within Portland, to be announced.

I'm asking for everyone to be registered two weeks prior, because I will spend that time finding or creating a scene custom tailored to each actor's type and experience level. The scenes will play on each participant's strengths, while also nudging them slightly outside of their comfort level, or making them face a wicked curve ball.

My resume and reel can be seen on my IMDb page. I have been working as an actor and filmmaker in LA and Portland for 20 years. I have auditioned hundreds of times, and consider that part of the process to be my real job as an actor. I relish every chance I get to share my knowledge and confidence with my fellow actors.

No comments:

Post a Comment